Saturday, February 27, 2010

I have the Pig Flu, No, Not That One

I took Little A to the Softball field this morning for skills assessment. I prolly should not have gone as I have been a bit sick but it is her first year and I was as excited as she was. I was sick before but now I’m sitting here with 101 fever watching Canada win the Gold in Curling. Not sure I could stand much more excitement. Every time I try to talk it makes me cough. Every time I breathe I cough. Lots of coughing going on. My ribs feel like I have been used as a punching bag . I have been sitting in my office watching TV while going thru the sweating and freezing cycles. I have my hat and blanket handy. Coughing is a mixture of a headache throbbing and AB master workout. Not that I don’t need it. I have been snacking all day. My sis in law brought me some Whoppers Robin’s Eggs. One of the kids made rice krispy treats. I had a sub sandwich for lunch, and 2 bowls of soup for supper. The family went to my parents tonite for a B-B-Q for my nephew who just returned home from Iraq. Now they brought some queso and chips. I wernt so sure about the hot tea as I love sweet iced tea but it did feel good on the throat. This will be the first time I gained weight when I was sick. It’s a bit hard to complain.

1 comment:

Menopausal New Mom said...

Well, I hope you're feeling better. Bet you will be watching the hockey today. I'll be cheering on Canada seeing as I live here! May the best team win (which I have a feeling is yours Lol)!!