Sunday, February 21, 2010

Compliment? I'll take It

I recently completed designs to adapt our tooling to our partner company's tooling for a big job in sunny Ohio. I tested it at our partner’s plant in Atlanta a couple times and was pretty pleased with it. The inspection team took it back down to our partners to train and demo the unit for the client. Per the project manager, all went better than expected, equipment worked well and they pulled some good scans. It was good news and I was ready to strut a bit. Then he continued saying, Their equipment was really complicated with lots of joints and motors and gears, Yours was really simple. It looked like a 3rd grader built it. HUH?? Wha…? Jeeepers, Thanks, I think. Deflated me a bit. I’m taking my tinker toys and going home.

1 comment:

Bobby Allan said...

Sounds like simpler is better to me!