Sunday, February 12, 2012

Simply Cutting Up

My side business got really busy early last year so last spring I went shopping and added a new machine to my personal shop. I said new, odds are it is older than some of my readers but these machines typically last 30 -50 yrs.

If the Lilliputians had ratchet straps back in the day, Gulliver would still be tied to the beach.



I got a decent price but had to do a few repairs to get her up and running. I replaced the old 2 axis digital readout with a brand nicky new 3 axis readout. I also had to rewire the X-axis power feed. Since I fixed her up I have done a good bit of machining. Notice how she is holding her head up tall and proud.



Hopefully I will get a few good years of making chips.



Yes the chips are hot. And yea! It hurts like the dickens when the chips go down your shirt or land on your face or arms

11 comments:

Juli said...

Holy cow.

:)

And here I am debating over getting a table saw.

MsNscr said...

Yay for new machinery (that is older than me)!!

jLow said...

((applause)) Very happy for you and your new purchase.

Um. Whatizzit?

KaLynn ("MiMi") said...

Go you! Keep your collar buttoned up!

Beatriz said...

Congrats! It looks cool but not quite sure what it does besides make hot chips or even what it is.

ipenka said...

Awesome machine. Although I'm pretty sure I'd have a hole in my hand in no time.

LOL @ Gulliver & Ratchet strap reference. I use a pair for my surfboard (on roof of car), thing stays on fine at 40MPH.

Crystal Pistol said...

Watching the spinning thing go round and round is mesmerizing. I'll BET those chips hurt like the dickens!

It's funny you used that term. I've been saying "like the dickens" for a couple weeks now. It cracks my hubby up every time. Why? I don't know. But he gets the giggles.

I liked your Lilliputian reference. Those little people are good friends of mine. :)

Jolene said...

You lost me at... axis digital readout.

She looks like a knockout.

Not So Simply Single said...

You are too bright for most of us....

Damn....

Lisa

Bunnym said...

I have NO IDEA what the H E double hockey stix your talkin' 'bout....but I'm impressed.

You could prolly work for NASA or sumpin' like that...but then again, what do I know?...

bun

Gary Ardill said...

Very good use of ratchet straps to handle the load and to give support. Quality of straps really mattres.

Tie down straps