Friday, October 29, 2010

Dinner and a Photo

Work went well today. Since the tech that was coming couldnt get here till tonight and my work was only going to take a couple hours I slept in. What a way to start a day. Well the complimentary semi-artificial omelet kinda tempered the overall mood. I still got there at 8 but that extra hour is always welcome. Even then I had my material sample out by 10. It took longer to pack all the equipment up. I was asked to stay and help him scan the turbine blade attachments so it seems I am going to be here in Richmond a couple more nights.

Below is a pic of the tool I made to pull the sample being used this morn. It is mounted between two wheels on a turbine. Excited? Yea, Me too. LOL






The tech arrived this evening and wanted to go to a place where he could watch the West-by-god-Virgina game so he and I went to dinner at a place called Steel Horse Bar and Grille. MMMMM The service was great. The food was delicious and the crowd was hilarious. Our waiter was on top of things and we had our drinks straight away. Withing 5 mins the owner was over asking about the service and when she saw a guy at the next table without a drink she asked why. He was actually visiting with friends from another table. Satisfied she continued her rounds. I had a Curry Chicken which seemed a bit out of place for this joint but it was delicious. It must have been a local favorite place. Everyone appeared to know one another. I call my daughters magnetheads because every pic they have with their friends have their heads stuck together like magnets. Well the flashes were going off like the 4th of July. Every table taking pics. Lots of heads stuck together. By the time we were leaving the bar was pretty loose. Hate we couldnt stay for the karaoke But early morn beckons.

Good Night

2 comments:

Travel & Dive Girl said...

HaHa - magnet heads! That's awesome and so true.

Too bad about the karaoke - that would have been fun. I can't sing, but I love to do it anyhow...

J.J. in L.A. said...

I have a pic of 7 magnetheads (cousins) at a local restaurant. LOVE that word!