Saturday, August 28, 2010

I'm Feeling Butter Now!!

Recently I swapped a pint of pickled okra with recipe for 2 lobster tails with a gal at work. I swapped with the gal, She didnt come with the lobster. I thought it was a good trade but the wife wanted nothing to do with the lobster but then again she didn’t care for the pickled okra either. I have been longing for a chance to cook it.

The wife is out of town this weekend. She and her sisters are at a weekend scrapbooking retreat.

SOOOOO, while she was busy cutting and gluing it was time to fire up the grill. I rang up my oldest daughter. No need to twist her arm. We fixed broiled asparagus, garlic bread, pasta salad and topped it off with some sweet iced tea. Cooking right next to the tails were some hot dogs for little A. What a meal.

French toast,eggs and bacon in the morning. Take your time hun we aint suffering at home.

4 comments:

My Aimless Infatuation said...

Boy,I see that. Eating high on the hog while the wife is away,sounds de-lish!

Bunnym said...

What...no cat stew? You could be into something much worse while wifey is away...I say she's a lucky gal...except for the scrap-booking stuff...yuk!

enjoy your week..

bunny

Anonymous said...

Sounds delicious - and breakfast, too!

Travel & Dive Girl said...

Ohhhh, I wish I could eat lobster. Unfortunately, it's way to rich tasting for me and whenever I eat it, I get an upset tummy.

Sounds like you had a great weekend!